As perhaps some of you know, we’ve been messing with Thierry “Pumpkin-T“ François ever since he joined. All in good fun. He joined in himself as well a couple of times. I mean, it’s hard not to change Pumpkin-T into whatever weird name might fit under one of his many blurbs he writes for the Doom Charts. Ever since he joined back in 2021, he’s been giving us the best information about the Heavy Underground in France, which is why he is an integral part of Métal Intégral… Below you find his favorite 20 albums of 2022 and once heard, these will all stick with you forever… Even after the clock strikes twelve…
The time has come to write my 2022 TOP 20. What a vain, complicated and imperfect exercise!
- These are my favorite albums by my own standards, a place where you can find some interesting stuff if your mind is as twisted as mine.
- The albums are ranked from 1 to 20 but the problem is… to compare what is not comparable… (See Theory of Musical Relativity)
- For all of those 20 incredible winners (and many more) you can find full reviews on metal-integral.com … (Written in French, but Google translate is your best friend, right?)
1) YURT – V – Upgrade To Obsolete
5) MARC URSELLI’S STEPPENDOOM – Steppendoom
6) HALF GRAMME OF SOMA – Slip Through The Cracks
10) MEMBRANE – Beyond Your Beliefs
12) KALEIDOBOLT – This One Simple Trick
16) MAG – Pod krwawym księżycem
18) BARABBAS – La Mort Appelle Tous Les Vivants
19) DESERT WAVE – Deafening Silence