RIFFLORD – 7 Cremation Ground / Meditation (2018)
(Sioux Falls, South Dakota / Minneapolis, Minnesota / Austin, Texas)
STB Records 1 December 2018
Battle-scarred stoner rockers RIFFLORD are set to release their second album, 7 Cremation Ground / Meditation, via STB Records in the coming weeks. This follow-up to their self-released 2010 debut 26 Mean and Heavy is the product of mushroom-induced brawls, dashed expectations, and a band that’s coming back stronger than it ever was before.
RIFFLORD was founded in 2007 by vocalist and guitarist Wyatt Bronc Bartlett and his friend Mike Hutchins, known as “Hutch”. Over the course of a decade, the band’s location, priorities, and lineup changed many times. One thing, however, remained constant: the love of the all mighty RIFF.
Today RIFFLORD is based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, reanimated by Bronc and a wall of Orange amps. Bronc says of the band’s music and journey:
Some things are the result of calculated decision making. Other things drag you face down through the dirt by virtue of their own momenta. RIFFLORD, for me, has been a combination of both. The album […] is a visceral product of struggle, mottled with the fingerprints of both terrible and glorious human beings. It is the sound of countless trips across rural South Dakota and hours of refinement in one studio session after another. The album was mixed five separate times, and remastered three. It is the true and living testament of the Riff. Thank you for waiting.
7 Cremation Ground / Meditation will be released digitally on November 27th, 2018 with a variety of personalized vinyl options coming out on December 1st.
Vinyl Pressing Information
- Test Press: Limited to 15. Comes with a Handmade leather LP jacket hand whip stitched and branded by Wyatt Bronc Bartlett of RIFFLORD
- Die Hard Edition: Limited to 100 units on black smoke and transparent brown vinyl comes with a special high-density high-quality LP jacket that is foil stamped with “die hard edition” as well as some other foil stamping and Spot UV upgrades on the jacket. Each die hard edition also comes with Special edition band specific tarot cards exclusive only to the die hard pressing. Exclusive booklet with “The Story Of Rifflord” and Picture outtakes.
- OBI Series: Limited to 100 units hand numbered alternate art work spine wrapped OBI strip. Vinyl is a clear base with silver center and brown and white splatter. Jacket comes with floor UV effects.
- Not So Standard Edition: Limited to 150 units on white and brown swirl. Jacket comes with floor UV effects.
- Band Edition / Distro: Limited to 150 Units on Cloudy White vinyl. Jacket comes with floor UV effects.
- Lead Guitar and Vocals: Wyatt Bronc Bartlett
- Guitar: Paul Pinos
- Bass: Matthew Mcfarland
- Keys: Tory Jean Stoddard
- Drums: Tommy Middlen
~ Steve STB (STB Records)
With a name like RIFFLORD in all caps, its obligatory to have mastered the art of the RIFF. On 7 Cremation Ground/Meditation, The RIFFs are barbaric and the groove is blazing hot. 13 tracks of riff worship, in the vein of an early/modern hybrid of Corrosion of Conformity, kick you in the ass. The energy is intoxicating, the vocals are infectious and the drums clobber alongside psyched out keys, and road warrior rhythm. Check those vinyl options. Mandatory in every sense of the word.
~Bucky Brown (The Ripple Effect)
Pick an 8-digit code, any code and enter it at the links below. If it’s taken, try the next one. They will go fast so act fast. It helps promote further if you click the “add to collection” box and make sure you’re logged into your free account. Also be sure to download from the link it takes you to or the email that comes when you have an account in your choice of format including mp3, WAV, and FLAC for all you audiophiles out there.
First, if you don’t already have one, make sure you sign up for a free bandcamp fan account to add this to your collection and join in on all the fun. Follow your favorite bands, your favorite fans and start down the path to extreme addiction. You can’t afford to or not to do it.
Special thanks to Steve from STB Records and the band RIFFLORD for this code giveaway. And thanks to the ongoing contributors and readers of the Doom Charts. You folks help give voice to the heavy underground:
Feel free to send in your albums to firstname.lastname@example.org where they’ll be delegated to the crew for a better chance at getting heard and voted on. Anything goes. If you run a blog, music review site, radio show, zine, etc in the realm of the heavy underground music scene and are interested in joining the team of contributors, drop us a mail as well.